Through the events The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce hosts, you have access to the most powerful, successful and influential business people in the Sarasota area.
- The Chamber hosts over 100 meetings and events each to help you connect with potential customers and vendors for your business. You have access to over a 1,000 contacts a year and the potential for cultivating new and current business contacts is unlimited. Click here to see our upcoming events.
- The Chamber has 7 councils and committees, that afford members the opportunities to become actively involved in community affairs and lend their talent and experience to benefiting the community.
Chamber membership enhances your credibility in the community, it sends the message to consumers that you are a reputable company who actively participates in the local business community. According to a study done by the Shapiro Group, 80% of consumers said they feel more confident doing business with a Chamber Member.
Publicity and Exposure
Business and Volunteer Awards
- The Chamber hosts annual awards programs that recognize members for business excellence, exemplary services and dedicated volunteerism. (Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Small Business Awards, Insignia Award, Chamber Ambassador of the quarter/year, Salute to Business Honorees, and the Chair's Cup).
The Chamber not only helps you build your business but helps you to manage expenses through savings programs. The Chamber also provides members with valuable business services and resources.
- Save on products and services for your business through our affinity partners.
- Take advantage of discounts from other members by visiting the M2M discount page. There are various discounts from hotels, spas, restaurants, and professional services. Don't forget as a member, you are also able to add your discount and drive business to you.
- The Chamber offers a referral line which can provide you with the information necessary to make a wise decision when buying good and services. The Chamber offers free Notary and Certificate of Origin services as well as free meeting space opportunities
- The Government Issues Council (GIC) works on developing public policies to improve the general business climate of greater Sarasota.
Each month The Chamber provides education opportunities for businesses and employees on current topics and leadership.
Learning Through Participation
- Shumaker Chamber University is a program designed to address critical topics and help prepare participants to meet the ever-changing demands of the 21st century workplace. Topics range from marketing and public relations to healthcare and hurricane preparedness.
- Leadership Sarasota County is designed to nurture and engage the leadership skills of potential and current attendees.
- The Chamber offers resources and toolkits to help employers navigate the world of starting, planning, implementing, and expanding your business.
The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce is committed to help Sarasota Count and the surrounding areas maintain its reputation as one of America's best places to live and work.
Much of the Chambers work to build the economy is done through its initiative Sarasota Tomorrow, A regional and community economic development initiative. Click here
to see the great work that was accomplished by Sarasota Tomorrow.