The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce works to strengthen businesses in our area and create a vibrant sustainable economy. The mission of the Chamber’s Government Issues Council is to improve the general business climate of Sarasota County by influencing the development and implementation of public policy at the federal, state and local levels. The Chamber serves as the collective voice of its members at the federal, state and local levels on key legislative and regulatory issues.
The Council fulfills this mission by:
Click here for the 2016 State Business Agenda.
- Identifying critical legislative issues affecting business members.
- Researching and developing public policy on key business climate issues for The Chamber's Board of Directors, and evaluating
- Promoting these positions with various public bodies and monitoring governmental actions,
- Advocating the concerns of the business community to the public; and
- Promoting a unified community agenda that fosters a spirit of cooperation in Sarasota County with other chambers, governmental units and interested parties.
Florida Chamber of Commerce
U.S. Chamber of Commerce