Living in Sarasota County
Sarasota is one of America's most desirable places to live, work and raise a family. The clean air, sparkling white sand beaches and sunny climate have made it world famous as a center for the good life. In fact, Forbes has named Sarasota one of the best places for business and careers, and Money magazine recognized it as the nation's best small city, one of the best places to retire, and one of the cities with the best health care systems.
Additionally, Sarasota's vibrant recreational and cultural scene offers activities for every taste and budget. It is a diverse area with big city amenities and small town ease of living. Business owners and employees enjoy not only the good life but also a thriving business climate. Our top-rated schools and motivated workforce also contribute to why Sarasota is home to some of the most successful and productive companies in the country.
Recent Awards & Recognition
- Ranked #15, "Best Small Cities in the U.S." (Pop. under 159,000) | Condé Nast Traveler
- Ranked #60, "Top 100 Best Places Hispanic Entrepreneurs" | GoodCall
- Top 5 Finalist, "Great Places of Florida" Award | American Planning Association, Florida Chapter
- Top 10 Finalist, "America's Happiest Seaside Town" | Coastal Living Magazine
- 3rd Place, " 20 Best Places People Are Moving to in the U.S." | MSN Real Estate
- Named "Hidden Travel Gem" by Forbes Travel Guide
- Ranked #2 Beach in the U.S. for Siesta Key Beach, "America's Best Beaches 2016" | Dr. Beach
- Finalist, "Best Food Cities in the U.S." | Condé Nast Traveler
- Ranked #14, "Best Places to Live in the U.S." | U.S. News & World Report
- Venice Beach | Shark Tooth Capital of the World
- Ranked 3rd Place, "Happiest, Healthiest City in the U.S." | Gallup-Healthways State of American Well-Being: 2015 Community Rankings