Youth Leadership sarasota county
The Youth Leadership program is an exciting, educational, once in a lifetime experience for high school juniors. Students learn about the diversity and complexities of the community. This is accomplished through participation in an eight-month, structured experiential program that meets for half a day, once a month during school hours.
apply today to be part of the class of 2018-2019!
Applications are available in April for the upcoming class. Students are encouraged to review their course load when deciding to apply for the Youth Leadership program as acceptance into the class expects mandatory attendance.
cLASS OF 2018
Muna Abumunshar, Sarasota Military Academy
Ian Beckmann, Riverview High School
Tyler Berendes, Cardinal Mooney High School
Jordan Brown, Lakewood Ranch High School
Paige Canevari, Venice High School
John Colosimo, Out-of-Door Academy
Michael Feltovic, Riverview High School
Zayda Fredericks, Pine View High School
Anna Griffiths, Sarasota Military Academy
Ben Hall, Cardinal Mooney High School
Alex Hanan, Riverview High School
Scott Henthorne, Cardinal Mooney High School
Allison McHenry, Riverview High School
Darrell Nixon Jr., Sarasota Military Academy
Emmabella Rudd, Riverview High School
Victoria Snyder, Riverview High School
Brooke Wheatley, Venice High School
Ava Wittmer, Riverview High School
Susan Wyatt, Riverview High School
- Identify high school students who are leaders or have demonstrated leadership potential.
- Give young people the knowledge, tools and contacts to create successful leaders.
- Instill and nurture a sense of social responsibility in our youth.
- Offer a forum for young leaders to express their needs, goals and opinions.
- Explore the diverse facets of Sarasota's social affairs, government and business.
- Provide participants a chance to serve their community.
- Present young leaders with a rewarding and fun experience while exploring career options in the Sarasota area.
- This program is about the youths learning about their county and community in hopes that they stay in Sarasota and consider it as their future home.
The Sarasota Youth Leadership program was one of the best experiences of my life and I really appreciate the opportunity. It helped me find what I like to do so I could pursue that interest which is a difficult thing that I am realizing even some of my college friends struggle with.
Youth Leadership gives you the inside look into what makes Sarasota great. I got to see the inner workings of so many Sarasota organizations that I otherwise would never have been able to see.
Youth Leadership has equipped me with the necessary skills to walk confidently in any environment. I believe that this program has taught me to be confident and appreciate the multiple different aspects of society, and how all professions and walks of life band together to make a successful community.