cultivating prosperity through workforce development
CareerEdge Funders Collaborative is the workforce development initiative of the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce. At the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, we understand that one of the biggest challenges that our local businesses face is attracting and retaining talent. CareerEdge Funders Collaborative, is guided by a demand-driven strategy and enhances the regional workforce through Fast-Track training, on-the-job training, internship reimbursement programs and employer funding to up-skill employees.
Mission: To provide an exceptional labor force to a region's growing industries by leveraging community assets and forming high-performing workforce partnerships.
How CareerEdge Works
- Unrestricted funds
- Founded as a collaborative
- Serving as the regional convener on critical workforce issues
- Builds a skilled workforce in the region with a focus on fast-growing sectors:
By the Numbers: 10 Year Impact
- $150,000 Boeing Grant for on-the-job training to up-skill workers in the manufacturing industry
- Launch of insurance branding videos to recruit talent and demystify the insurance industry - click here for videos
- Auto technician apprenticeship model
- New fast-track training in advanced manufacturing technology
- HVAC maintenance training in Newton
- $206,000 awarded to companies for up-skilling workers